Join the Club
Why join or keep your boat at the RKYC? The RKYC is the best located, most fun and safest place to keep your boat on the stunningly beautiful Kennebecasis and Saint John river system.
RKYC members are also a community of power boaters and sailors who love to sail, love to cruise, love to race and more importantly we love to introduce people to our river(s) and share our knowledge and experience.
We have four categories of membership: Senior Membership (also known as boat owning membership), Associate Membership, Junior Membership, and Outport Membership. See below to apply or to choose which type of membership is right for you.
Breaking News: We now have a 75 ton travel lift that can accommodate boats up to 20 feet in beam. While we do make travel lift based services available to non members, we've greatly enhanced the range of services (including travel lift based services) that are available to Associate Members (with larger boats) at prices that are the same or similar to Senior Member prices. Join now because you must be an Associate Member for three months or longer to take advantage of Associate Member pricing.
Apply for Membership
To apply for membership please fill out the Membership Application Form. If you wish to keep a boat at the RKYC, please also fill out a Marine Services Request Form. If you have filled out the paper versions please e email them to email@example.com or hand deliver to the RKYC office.
Rates at the RKYC are quite reasonable and we work hard to keep them as low as possible. Try our RKYC Marina Price Calculator to see what the annual cost to keep your boat the RKYC will look like. The full cost of keeping a boat at the RKYC typically includes membership, berthage and haul, launch & storage (HLS). Smaller boats may not require HLS.
Senior Membership entitles members (and their immediate families) to full access of all RKYC services including:
- Keeping boats at the RKYC (berthage and/or land storage) Marine Services Rates may apply See how little it costs to keep your boat at the RKYC
- Participating in the governance of the club.
- Attending RKYC sanctioned social events
- Enjoying members rates at the bar
- Renting the use of the club house for personal functions at a 50% discount
- Keeping kayaks and or canoes in the space under the club house at no extra charge (subject to space limitations)
Senior Membership Category
A - 60 Years Plus 25 Years of Membership (See below)
B - 60 Years Plus
C - 35 to 59 Years of Age
D - 30 to 34 Years of Age
E - 25 to 29 Years of Age
F - 19 to 24 Years of Age
$425 per year
$720 per year
$850 per year
$645 per year
$430 per year
$220 per year
HST will be added
Category A Senior Members must be 60 years of age and have been a Senior member for 25 contiguous years. Transition to Associate, or resignation and rejoining, will restart the count.
Associate Members (and their immediate families) are entitled to the following privileges:
- Participate in the RKYC racing program
- To attend RKYC sanctioned social events
- To enjoy RKYC member's pricing at the bar
- A 25% discount when renting the clubhouse
- Have access to wide range of Marine Services (such as haul/launch, pump-outs, berthage and moorings at advantageous rates) for big or small boats
- Keep small boats at the club that are less than or equal to 19 feet in length and have less than 100 horsepower engines. (other marine services charges such as berthage may apply)
- Keep kayaks and or canoes in the space under the club house at no extra charge (subject to space limitations).
- Keep sailing dinghies in the Learn to Sail area on the water side of the club house. (extra charges may apply)
- Keep tenders in the areas marked dinghies on the Berth Locations drawing (extra charges may apply)
Associate Membership Categories
G - Older than 60 plus 25 years membership (see below)
H- 25 years of age or older
I - 19 to 24 years of age
J -19 to 24 years of age (student)
New member discount: 50% first year, 25% second year
$82.00 per year
$173.00 per year
$82.00 per year
$40.00 per year
HST will be added
Category G Associate Members must be 60 years of age and have been a member (Senior or Associate) for 25 contiguous years. Resignation and rejoining will restart the count.
Associate Members now have access to a range of Marine Services* (including travel lift based services) at advantageous rates. If you need an emergency haulout, mid-season repairs to propellers/shafts/sensors, insurance inspections or whatever, your Associate Membership entitles you to advantageous member's pricing. Join now because Associate Member pricing (for large boats**) is only available after three months of membership. See Marine Service Pricing for more information.
*Not including seasonal berthage or winter storage except when the boat is under 19 feet LOA and under 100 horsepower.
** Large boats are 19 feet LOA or over and or 100 horsepower and over.
Junior Members are between the ages of 14 and 18 and are entitled to keep boats and race at the club but may not participate in the governance of the club.
$40 per year
HST will be added
Outport Members are members who's permanent residence is located at least 25 miles from the club property. They are not entitled to participate in the governance of the club, but they are allowed to have access to marine facilities (extra charges may apply) for up to 3 consecutive weeks during the year and to attend club sanctioned functions and enjoy member's prices at the RKYC Bar.
$133 per year.
HST will be added.