History - Our Burgee
The RKYC Burgee dates back to the Club’s formation in 1898. It is described as a pennant with three horizontal stripes of equal width, colours red, blue, red each tapering to a point. In the upper canton of the hoist a Royal Crown, yellow, with a red cap and on the blue stripe a St. Andrew’s cross. The Club burgee may be displayed only when a yacht is under the direct command of a Club member. The Club burgee shall be displayed at the bow staff of single-masted power yachts, at the foremost truck of schooners and multi-masted power yachts and at the mainmast truck of other rigs. See the office for purchase of the Club burgee.
Flag officers, post captains and fleet captain flags shall be displayed day and night at the mizzen truck of yawls, ketches and similarly-rigged power yachts and at the main truck of cutters, sloops, schooners and single-masted power yachts. When a flag officer uses a member’s yacht for official business, his flag shall replace the Club burgee.